Lazy Yatra offers the Luxury Kerala Tour Packages. Customize these tour packages as per traveller's taste, itinerary, vehicle, adventure sports, water sports, honeymoon. Kerala is also known as God's country and it is Traveller’s Paradise. A land woven in rich cultural, heritage and natural treasures, Kerala is a beautiful state in the South. Kerala tour packages are carefully designed toRead More
Lazy Yatra offers the Luxury Kerala Tour Packages. Customize these tour packages as per traveller's taste, itinerary, vehicle, adventure sports, water sports, honeymoon. Kerala is also known as God's country and it is Traveller’s Paradise. A land woven in rich cultural, heritage and natural treasures, Kerala is a beautiful state in the South. Kerala tour packages are carefully designed to give you a glimpse of the most spectacular attractions of this vibrant land. From the spellbinding Athirappilly Falls and Varkala Beach to the laidback Alleppey backwaters and home of the wild – The Periyar National Park, the attractions here are aplenty. Popular places of worship like Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple are also a major highlight of Kerala tourism. Holidaying in Kerala in winter will give you a chance to witness the Onam Festival, when the entire state comes together for a grand celebration.
Kerala is home to picturesque and famous locations like Munnar, Kovalam, Wayanad, Thekkady and Kozhikode that stand as gems of this coastal land. Choose from the numerous Kerala tour packages that promise you exciting experiences on your tour.
Kerala Tourism: Best Places to Visit
Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple
From historic temples to beautiful beaches, Kerala tour packages are designed to show you the best of the state in all its glory. A visit to one of its most famous temples – Sree Padmanabhaswamy Temple – will give you a peek into the land’s ancient history and architectural splendour. Situated in Thiruvananthapuram, the iconic temple structure is dedicated to Lord Vishnu (a Hindu deity) and boasts of being one of the 108 sacred temples of Lord Vishnu in India. Built in bronze and stone, and with beautifully designed interiors, it’s a popular tourist attraction in Kerala.
Periyar National Park
Home to majestic elephants, tigers, endangered species and rich flora and fauna, Periyar National Park is undoubtedly a must-visit tourist destination. From boating and trekking to wildlife safaris and camping, it offers ample things to see and do. White Tiger, Asian Elephant, Malabar Grey Hornbill, Nilgiri Langur and Smooth-Coated Otter are some of the beautiful wildlife that you’ll get to spot in their natural habitat. Nestled in the lush forests of the Western Ghats, it’s one of the most protected areas for tigers and elephants. Several Kerala tour packages give you an opportunity to witness this national treasure.
Adventure enthusiasts must include Edakkal Caves in the list of places to visit on your Kerala travel packages. The caves were formed from natural rock formations and house beautiful carvings by the ancestors of the land. Take a trip down the lanes of history as you hike up the hill and witness the fascinating stone-age carvings amidst scenic views of the locale. Situated at 3,900 feet above sea level, these caves in Wayanad are a popular tourist attraction that many Kerala tour packages cover.
Let’s take a look at the list of must-visit places to include in your next Kerala Tour.
1. Munnar is known for Greenery, Tea Plantations, Weather. Most known places near to Munnar is Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Tea Museum. Cradled in the fascinating lap of the Western Ghats replete with picturesque mountains, lofty clouds, and rolling hills, here is a hilly retreat awaiting everyone in Munnar. Owing to its tea gardens and colonial heritage, it is also a popular weekend destination in Kerala for travellers from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad & Chennai. Explore this paradisiacal hill town with the help of our Kerala travel packages, and savour its irresistible scenic treats.
2. Wayanad is famous for Adventures, & Trekking Trails. Most known places are Edakkal Caves, Kuruvadweep, Soochipara Waterfalls. Major Attractions are Banasura Sagar Dam, Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary, Edakkal Caves, Chembra Peak, Soochipara Falls.
Snuggled in the lap of the Western Ghats at a height of about 2000 meters, Wayanad is a stunning hill station blessed with untouched natural beauty, pristine forests, and mesmerizing landscapes. Whether one is a nature lover or an adventure junkie, Wayanad is a must-visit travel destination on an excursion to the southern state. One can book Kerala holiday packages, and grab a chance to indulge in abundant nature, and enjoy camping and trekking.
3. Thekkady is famous for Grasslands, Dense Forests, Adventures. Elephant junction Thekkady, Thekkady Rose Park, Periyar National Park are nearby attractions. Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary, Mangla Devi Temple, Kumily, Murikkady are the major attractions of the place.
Famed as the ‘Spice Capital of Kerala’, Thekkady is an evergreen abode of Kerala. Housing a variety of species of exotic wildlife, an excursion to Thekkady takes vacationers for a rendezvous with wildlife at its Periyar National Park, which is again an unmissable attraction. Besides that, here people can also enjoy activities like: bamboo rafting, hiking, trekking, and much more.
4. Alleppey is Specially known for Paddy Fields, Backwaters, and Beaches. Nearest landmarks are Marari Beach, Alappuzha Beach, Pathiramanal Island.
Nestled on the banks of Vembanad Lake, Alleppey is famed for its abundant beauty and tranquil backwaters. Also referred to as the ‘Venice of the East’ and ‘Backwater Capital of India’, this is one of the most sought-after tourist destinations in Kerala. For an unprecedented experience, tourists can enjoy a backwater ride on a houseboat in Alleppey and Kumarakom as well.
5. Kochi is known for Harbours, Watersports, Spices. It is the starting or ending point of Kerala and it is closest to all major destinations. Major sights within Kochi is Cherai Beach, Kochi Fort, Mattancherry Palace, St. Francis Church.
Kochi is a perfect blend of cultural values and modern environs, one of the unique destinations to explore in God’s Own Country- Kerala. Also referred to as the ‘Queen of the Arabian Sea’, this melting pot has always been a must-visit place for ages. Explore this stunning place on a Kerala tour plan. Albeit, it is ranked as India’s one of the most developed metropolises, nevertheless, people can still take a tour of the traditional spice markets, explore the Dutch establishment, and experience everything related to British history.
6. Kovalam is famous for Beaches, Natural Beauty. Samudra Beach Park, Halcyon Castle, Light House Beach Road are main attractions in the place.
Nestled along the Arabian Sea coastlines, Kovalam is one destination that beach lovers can take their minds off. Blessed with splendid beaches and picturesque landscapes, this beach town located just 16 km from Thiruvananthapuram is, undoubtedly, one of the most sought after travel destinations. One can book a Kerala tour package, and get to explore its enticing attractions, such as Lighthouse Beach, Kovalam Beach, Samudra Beach, and Hawah Beach.Remove It.